When the decision to get pregnant morphs into self-doubt and worries that a baby will never come, couples often feel betrayed by their own bodies. As each cycle passes without conception, making a baby can begin to feel impossible. In this moment of desperation, many couples look for help.
Fertility has become a major industry in the US. Medical technologies such as IVF and IUI can be a godsend when all else fails to produce a baby. Fertility treatments are a considerable investment of money, time and energy.
Before embarking upon the challenging approaches of IVF or IUI , it is sensible to try acupuncture. Acupuncture can gently restore hormonal balance and the overall health of both prospective parents. For women
Acupuncture is a cost effective approach that is well suited for fertility challenges. A series of treatments will have many benefits. A skilled acupuncturist assesses each partner’s hormonal function. Are the ovaries, uterus, thyroid, pituitary, adrenal and testes showing an imbalance? Vital information can be gathered about endocrine function through the palpation of hormonal reflexes. This method can reveal endocrine issues that are often at the root of infertility.
Acupuncture can be used to support one or both partners to:
- Balance the women’s hormonal function and restore a healthy menstrual cycle
- Balance the man’s hormonal function to support reproductive function
- Improve blood flow to reproductive organs
- Improve the flow of energy through the pelvis
- Manage stress and improve sleep
- Help maintain a healthy immune system
- Limit digestive and respiratory problems
- Improve libido
When IUI/IVF treatments are needed, acupuncture is commonly used to:
- Support the phases of treatment
- Increase blood flow to the ovaries to improve the quality of egg production
- Improve blood flow to the testes to improve sperm quality
- Maintain a healthy lining in the uterus
- Limit the stress and secondary side effects from hormonal therapies
During pregnancy, acupuncture
- Can help maintain a women’s health throughout pregnancy and support her to carrying the baby to term.
- Can help prepare the body for a smooth delivery with fewer interventions
After pregnancy, acupuncture
- Supports the endocrine system to find a new balance
- Supports nursing mother’s to fight off infections
- Helps treat post partum depression
Whether you are pursuing natural conception or receiving fertility treatments, trying to get pregnant can be a trying experience. Not only does acupuncture enhance fertility, it can help you stay sane while you are trying to conceive.